There are many opportunities for students to get involved with the conference.
Students needing financial support to attend the conference are encourage to apply to the following.
All students who receive travel support are asked to post to this blog before and after the event to share your stories and experiences (at least two postings please!). Email Annabel Satin with your gmail address for access.
Travel support includes: Volunteering, SRC, NSF travel support and PAC reimbursement
PLDI has a Student Volunteer Program for more information on the Student Volunteer program, please see this link for more details.
PLDI has a Student Research Competition for Graduate and Undergraduate students, please see this link for more details.
Limited funds are available to support student participation at PLDI’16. Priority will be given to those students (in this order) who
- Are an author on a PLDI’16 paper
- Participate in the PLDI’16 Student Research Competition (SRC) - more on this at the link above
- Are an author on a paper at a PLDI’16 co-located conference, workshop, or symposium (see the list via the link under the Tracks pull down menu)
- (Help) Lead a PLDI’16 tutorial
- Participate as a student volunteer (and are from outside of the area) – more on this at the link above
- Are an author on a PLDI’16 poster
- Submitted a paper to PLDI’16 or to a PLDI’16 conference, workshop, or symposium (see the list via the link under the Tracks pull down menu)
- Students who wish to attend the conference
Other restrictions apply depending on the NSF and PAC funds available. More details are provided in the subsections below. Apply here by May 1st, 2016.
The US National Science Foundation has provided funding to support student attendance at PLDI 2016. Applicants must be registered students at accredited US academic institutions. Successful applicants will be reimbursed for approved expenses, including conference student registration, travel, accommodation, and reasonable meal expenses. All reimbursements will require original receipts. Instructions on filing for reimbursement will be provided to successful applicants. Apply here by May 1st, 2016. .
The ACM SIGPLAN PAC Funds support travel, accommodation and registration for Students who have a paper at the conference or associated workshops, see http://www.sigplan.org/PAC/. Apply here by May 1st, 2016.