Registered user since Wed 27 Apr 2022
Dr. Ronnie de Souza Santos is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Software Engineering at the University of Calgary. He completed his Ph.D. in Computer Science at the Federal University of Pernambuco (Brazil) in 2019 (ECA: University of Toronto 2022). His research focuses on various aspects of software engineering, including software development processes, project management, quality assurance, fairness in software systems, and integrating equity, diversity, and inclusion principles in software engineering. In addition to his academic pursuits, Dr. de Souza Santos brings over eight years of hands-on experience as a software practitioner, specializing in software testing and agile development at prominent software companies.
- Author of The Perspective of Software Professionals on Algorithmic Racism within the ESEM IGC-track
- Author of Comparing Mobile Testing Tools Using Documentary Analysis within the ESEM IGC-track
- Author of What do Transgender Software Professionals say about a Career in the Software Industry? within the ESEM Journal-First Papers-track
- Author of Diversity in Software Engineering: A Survey about Computer Scientists from Underrepresented Groups within the Research Track-track
- Author of LGBTQIA+ (In)Visibility in Computer Science and Software Engineering Education within the Research Track-track
- Author of Post-pandemic Resilience of Hybrid Software Teams within the Research Track-track