Registered user since Fri 25 Apr 2014
Name: Robert Hirschfeld
Bio: Robert Hirschfeld is a Professor of Computer Science at the Hasso Plattner Institute at the University of Potsdam, Germany. There he founded and leads the Software Architecture Group which is concerned with fundamental elements and structures of software. Methods and tools are developed for improving the comprehension and design of complex and interesting systems.
He served as a visiting professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (東京工業大学) and The University of Tokyo (東京大学), Japan.
Robert was a senior researcher with DoCoMo Euro-Labs, the European research facility of NTT DoCoMo Japan, where he worked on infrastructure components for next generation mobile communication systems with a focus on dynamic service adaptation and context-oriented programming.
Prior to joining DoCoMo Euro-Labs, he was a principal engineer at Windward Solutions in Sunnyvale, California, where he designed and implemented distributed object systems, consulted in the area of object database technologies, and developed innovative software products and applications.
Robert received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany.
Personal website: http://www.hirschfeld.org/
ECOOP 2016 Activities
- Session Chair of Session 4 (part of PX)
- Author of Evolving User Interfaces From Within Self-sustaining Programming Environments: Exploring the Project Concept of Squeak/Smalltalk to Bootstrap UIs. within the PX-track in PX
- Author of Optimizing Sideways Composition: Fast Context-Oriented Programming in ContextPyPy within the COP-track in COP
- Session Chair of Session 3 (part of PX)
- Author of Classes as Layers: Rewriting Design Patterns with COP - Alternative Implementations of Decorator, Observer and Visitor within the COP-track in COP
- Committee Member in Organizing Committee for PX
- Author of Transaction Layers: Controlling Granularity of Change in Live Programming Environments using COP within the COP-track in COP
- Committee Member in Program Committee for COP
- Session Chair of Session 1 (part of PX)
- Organizing Committe in Program Committee for PX
- Author of Classes as Layers: Rewriting Design Patterns with COP within the Posters-track in ECOOP 2016
- Author of How Live are Live Programming Systems? – Benchmarking the Response Times of Live Programming Environments. within the PX-track in PX
- Session Chair of Session 2 (part of PX)
- Author of Towards Gaze Control in Programming Environments. within the PX-track in PX
- Committee Member in Organizing Committee for COP
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile