Funcons for HGMP - The Fundamental Constructs of Homogeneous Generative Meta-Programming (Short paper)
The PLanCompS project proposes a component-based approach to programming-language development in which fundamental constructs (funcons) are reused across language definitions.
Homogenous Generative Meta-Programming (HGMP) enables writing programs that generate code as data, at run-time or compile-time, for manipulation and staged evaluation.
Building on existing formalisations of HGMP, this paper introduces funcons for HGMP and demonstrates their usage in component-based semantics.
L. Thomas van Binsbergen is a PhD student in Computer Science at Royal Holloway University of London, and an MSc graduate of Utrecht University.
His work revolves around specifying and prototyping programming languages with an emphasis on modularity of specifications and implementations. He contributed to the Utrecht University Attribute Grammar Compiler (UUAGC) in 2014, implementing algorithms for compile-time scheduling of attribute evaluation based on dependency analysis. As an affiliate to the PLanCompS project he has developed Haskell tools for defining and executing FunCons: highly reusable and modular components used in the formal specification of programming language semantics. For more information visit http://plancomps.org
Particular interested related to “Software Languages and their Specification”:
- Language design and formal semantics
- Generating interpreters based on the formal specifications
- Computational effects in pure maths
- Static analysis of programs: type-checkers, sanity-checkers, program manipulation
- Reusable components for language specification
Interests in Computer Science Education:
- Improving the understandability of algorithms by explaining the algorithm at the right level of abstraction, removing unnecessary detail, breaking down algorithms into their core components and defining those components as pure and composable functions
- Tutoring systems for the analysis of student solutions and automated feedback
Tue 6 NovDisplayed time zone: Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey change
13:30 - 15:00
VGPCE 2018 at Studio 2
Chair(s): Tijs van der Storm CWI & University of Groningen
|TensorFlow AutoGraph: Imperative-Style Coding with Graph-based PerformanceInvited Talk|
I: Alexander B. Wiltschko Google Brain
|Funcons for HGMP - The Fundamental Constructs of Homogeneous Generative Meta-Programming (Short paper)|
L. Thomas van Binsbergen Royal Holloway University of London
|Explaining Spreadsheets with Spreadsheets (Short Paper)|
Jácome Cunha University of Minho, Mihai Dan Oregon State University, Martin Erwig Oregon State University, Danila Fedorin Oregon State University, Alex Grejuc Oregon State University