Registered user since Wed 13 Aug 2014
Name: David H. Lorenz
Bio: David H. Lorenz is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Open University of Israel. He is currently a Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Computer Science, Technion—Israel Institute of Technology.
His research interests include language-oriented software engineering and programming, particularly involving domain specific languages. He is a steering committee member and the former chair of the AOSA, a non-profit organization whose mission is to be the primary sponsor for the annual conferences: International Conference on Aspect-Oriented Software Development, International Conference on Modularity, and International Conference on the Art, Science, and Engineering of Programming.
Prof. Lorenz received his PhD in computer science from the Technion—Israel Institute of Technology. He’s a member of the ACM and a member of the IEEE. Contact him at the Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science, Open University of Israel, Raanana 43107, Israel; email@example.com.
Affiliation: Open University and Technion IIT
Personal website: http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/people/dhlorenz/
Research interests: Language-oriented and aspect-oriented software engineering and programming, particularly involving domain specific languages.
- Author of Toward Disposable Domain-Specific Aspect Languages within the FOAL 2016-track in FOAL 2016
- Author of Toward Practical Language Oriented Modularity within the Language Modularity-track in LaMOD'16
- Session Chair of LaMOD Workshop Session 1 (part of LaMOD'16)
- Author of Application Embedding: A Language Approach to Declarative Web Programming within the Research Papers-track in ‹Programming› 2017
- Committee Member in Steering Committee for ‹Programming› 2017
- Author of Versionable, Branchable, and Mergeable Application State within the Onward! Papers-track in Onward!
- Author of Define Your App, Don’t Implement It: Building a Scalable Social Network in 45 minutes within the SPLASH-I-track in SPLASH 2016
- Author of Session VII: Panel - Modularity Across the System Stack: Challenges and Opportunities (*Note: this panel session could be extended until 17:45) within the MASS 2016-track in MASS 2016
- Author of Workshop Introduction within the Language Modularity-track in LaMOD'16
- Author of Thapl—A Theatrical DSL within the DSLDI 2017-track in DSLDI 2017
- Committee Member in Program Committee for Modularity 2016 MIP Award 2006
- Committee Member in Organizing Committee for LaMOD'16 Language Modularity
- Author of Language Oriented Modularity: From Theory to Practice within the Research Papers-track in ‹Programming› 2017
- Committee Member in Steering Committee for Modularity 2016
- Author of Application Embedding: From FishTank to Axiom within the Demos-track in ‹Programming› 2017
- Committee Member in Program Committee for COP 2015
- Programme Committee in Program Committee (preliminary) for PASS 2017
- Author of Workshop Conclusion within the Language Modularity-track in LaMOD'16
- Author of Separation of Powers in the Cloud: Where Applications and Users Become Peers within the Onward! Papers-track in Onward! 2015
- Author of Session VI: Systems and Aspects - Application-Specific Language-Oriented Modularity: A Case Study of the oVirt Project within the MASS 2016-track in MASS 2016
- member of Steering Committee Meeting within the Organizational-track in ‹Programming› 2017