Registered user since Thu 17 Dec 2015
I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the University of Chicago, part of the Programming Languages Research Group and the Chicago Quantum Exchange. I lead the Chicago Quantum Programming Languages Laboratory (ChiQP).
My main interest is in applying techniques from programming languages and formal verification to the domain of quantum computation. Some of my major projects include the QWIRE quantum circuit language (with Jennifer Paykin) and the VOQC verified optimizing compiler (with Kesha Hietala). I’m currently interested in verified optimization, error-correction, type systems, and programming abstractions for quantum computing.
- Session Chair of Session 3: Reliable quantum computing (part of PLanQC 2021)
- Author of Extending Gottesman Types Beyond the Clifford Group within the PLanQC 2021-track
- Author of Toward a Type-Theoretic Interpretation of Q# and Statically Enforcing the No-Cloning Theorem within the PLanQC 2021-track
- Committee Member in Organizing Committee within the PLanQC 2021-track
- Committee Member in Program Committee within the PLanQC 2021-track
- Author of Expanding the VOQC Toolkit within the PLanQC 2021-track
- Author of A Verified Optimizer for Quantum Circuits within the PLanQC-track
- Session Chair of Introduction and Invited Talks (part of PLanQC)
- Organizer in Organizing Committee within the PLanQC-track
- Author of Tracking Errors through Types in Quantum Programs within the PLanQC-track
- Author of Verified translation between low-level quantum languages within the PLanQC-track
- Chair in Program Committee within the PLanQC-track
- Author of Merged Talk: A Verified Optimizer for Quantum Circuits & Verified Translation Between Low-Level Quantum Languages within the PLanQC-track