Registered user since Sat 30 Dec 2017
Xusheng Xiao is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer and Data Sciences at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU). His general research interests span between software engineering and computer security, with the focus on developing advanced analysis techniques to analyze complex software behaviors for improving the reliability and the security of complex software and systems. He is leading the Reliable, Intelligent, Secure, and Efficient (RISE) Software and System lab at CWRU. Specifically, his RISE lab is working on the research in mobile app analysis, cyber threat detection and investigation, blockchain and smart contract security, automated software testing, program analysis, and bug detection.
His research in cyber threat investigation has been integrated into a security product in NEC, which won the Grand Prix award at CEATEC Award 2016. His research in mobile app security produced a static analysis technique that was deployed in Microsoft Research for two years and was granted a US patent. His collaboration with industry partners has resulted in 6 US patents. He is a recipient of NSF CAREER Award, NSF CRII Award, Samsung GRO Award, and the Case School of Engineering Faculty Research Award at CWRU.
- Panelist of Type Automata within the Doctoral Symposium-track
- Panelist of Quantitative Robustness Analysis of Neural Networks within the Doctoral Symposium-track
- Panelist of Reasoning About MLIR Semantics Through Algebraic Effects and Handlers within the Doctoral Symposium-track
- Panelist of Fairness Testing For Recommender Systems within the Doctoral Symposium-track
- PC Member in Program Committee
- Author of WebEvo: Taming Web Application Evolution via Detecting Semantic Structure Change within the Artifact Evaluation-track
- Session Chair of Session 1 (time band 1) Web Applications (part of Technical Papers)
- Author of WebEvo: Taming Web Application Evolution via Detecting Semantic Structure Changes within the Technical Papers-track
- Author of Root Cause Localization for Unreproducible Builds via Causality Analysis over System Call Tracing within the Research Papers-track
- Author of Characterizing Android App Signing Issues within the Research Papers-track
- Committee Member in Program Committee within the Research Papers-track
- Committee Member in Program Committee within the Late Breaking Results-track