Registered user since Fri 25 Apr 2014
Name: Robert Hirschfeld
Bio: Robert Hirschfeld is a Professor of Computer Science at the Hasso Plattner Institute at the University of Potsdam, Germany. There he founded and leads the Software Architecture Group which is concerned with fundamental elements and structures of software. Methods and tools are developed for improving the comprehension and design of complex and interesting systems.
Robert is interested in programming experiences and small system kernels. With his group he is working on dynamic programming languages, development tools, and runtime environments to make interactive programming more approachable. His preferred environment for exploring ideas is Squeak/Smalltalk.
He served as a visiting professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (東京工業大学) and The University of Tokyo (東京大学), Japan.
Robert was a senior researcher with DoCoMo Euro-Labs, the European research facility of NTT DoCoMo Japan, where he worked on infrastructure components for next generation mobile communication systems with a focus on dynamic service adaptation and context-oriented programming.
Prior to joining DoCoMo Euro-Labs, he was a principal engineer at Windward Solutions in Sunnyvale, California, where he designed and implemented distributed object systems, consulted in the area of object database technologies, and developed innovative software products and applications.
Robert received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany.
Personal website: http://www.hirschfeld.org/
SPLASH 2017 Activities
- Author of Living in your Programming Environment: Enabling Exploratory Programming for Productivity Tools within the PX/17.2-track in PX/17.2
- Author of Towards Concept-aware Programming Environments for Guiding Software Modularity within the PX/17.2-track in PX/17.2
- Author of Designing a Live Development Experience for Web Components within the PX/17.2-track in PX/17.2
- Committee Member in Program Committee for META 2017
- Steering Committee Chair in Steering Committee for Onward! 2017
- Committee Member in Steering Committee for DLS 2017
- Organizing Chair in Organizing Committee for PX/17.2
- Committee Member in Program Committee for DLS 2017
- Show activities from other conferences