Privacy: For privacy reasons, recording, screen capturing, and retransmission of video streams from the conference platform is not allowed. Textual communications on conference-provided channels are also private.
Names: Attendees must use their professional names and affiliations for registration and all conference activities. Special circumstances may be discussed with the general chair.
Anti-harassment and non-discrimination: The open exchange of ideas and the freedom of thought and expression are central to the aims and goals of SIGPLAN; these require an environment that recognizes the inherent worth of every person and group, that fosters dignity, understanding, and mutual respect, and that embraces diversity. SIGPLAN is dedicated to providing a harassment- and discrimination-free conference. In particular, attendees and organizers must abide by the ACM Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment. We expect all the participants to use welcoming and inclusive language, to be respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences, to gracefully accept constructive criticism, to focus on what is best for the community, and to show empathy towards other community members. There is no tolerance for unwelcome, hostile, or disruptive behavior or speech that intimidates, creates discomfort, or interferes with a person’s participation or opportunity for participation at the conference and all associated events. Conference participants violating these standards may be expelled from this and future conferences.
Getting help: If you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior, here are steps you can take:
- For immediate action (for example, to request removal of offensive posts on text chat channels), send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unsure about what to do and want to talk in confidence with a friendly representative of SIGPLAN’s Committee to Aid REporting (CARES) contact one of the following contact persons. Discussions with CARES are strictly off the record and advisory in nature.
- Vikram Adve (email@example.com)
- Shriram Krishnamurthi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kathryn McKinley (email@example.com)
- Stephanie Weirich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peng Wu (email@example.com)
- Contact PLDI’s General Chair, Stephen Freund (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the Chair for Diversity and Inclusion, Dan Grossman (email@example.com), who will take appropriate action and report the incident to ACM if necessary.