Main TrackInternetware 2023
Internetware 2023, the 14th Asia-Pacific Symposium on Internetware, provides a forum for researchers and practitioners to discuss the trending software technologies in the Internet era. Internetware 2023 will be held August 4-6 in Hangzhou, China.
Call for Papers
With the Internetware paradigm, the software is architected like the Internet, developed with the Internet, operated on the Internet, and provided as services via the Internet. In the open, dynamic, and constantly changing environment of the Internet, Internetware systems need to be autonomous, cooperative, situational, evolvable, emergent, and trustworthy. These requirements pose special challenges for software technologies to support the construction, deployment, and use of software applications based on the Internet that not only consists of computers, but also of things and people.
This symposium aims to provide an interactive forum where researchers and professionals from multiple disciplines and domains meet and exchange ideas to explore and address the challenges brought by Internetware.
Internetware 2023 will be held August 4-6 in Hangzhou, China. We solicit submissions describing original and unpublished results of theoretical, empirical, conceptual, and experimental software engineering research related to Internetware. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Novel software paradigm for Internetware
- Modeling and implementation of Internetware
- Requirements engineering for Internetware
- Software analysis, verification and testing
- Mining software repositories
- Software dependability, trustworthiness and confidence
- Software architecture and design
- Crowd-based methods, techniques and tools for Internetware
- Socio-technical models and techniques
- Software ecosystem practices and experiences
- Software models and techniques for Internet-based systems such as Cloud Computing, Service Computing, Social commputing, Mobile Internet, Internet of Things, and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Software engineering for/with Big data
- Software engineering for/with Artificial Intelligence
How to Submit
All submissions must not exceed 10 pages for all text, figures, tables, and references. All submissions must be in English and in PDF format. Submissions that do not comply with the above instructions will be desk rejected without review. Please use the ACM Master article template, as can be obtained from the ACM Proceedings Template pages.
Submissions to internetware 2023 conference that meet the above requirements can be made via the internetware 2023 submission site (https://internetware2023.hotcrp.com) by the submission deadline. We encourage the authors to upload their paper info early (and can submit the PDF later) to properly enter conflicts for double-anonymous reviewing.
Review and Evaluation Criteria
The Internetware 2023 conference will employ a double-anonymous review process. Thus, no submission may reveal its authors’ identities. The authors must make every effort to honor the double-anonymous review process. In particular:
- Authors’ names must be omitted from the submission.
- All references to the author’s prior work should be in the third person.
- While authors have the right to upload preprints on ArXiV or similar sites, they should avoid specifying that the manuscript was submitted to Internetware 2023.
- During review, authors should not publicly use the submission title.
Internetware 2023 will follow the ACM SIGSOFT rules on Conflicts of Interest and Confidentiality of Submissions, and all authors, reviewers, organizers are expected to uphold the ACM Code of Conduct.
- Abstract Deadline: April 10, 2023
- Submission Deadline: April 15, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: May 29, 2023
- Camera-Ready Version: TBD
Best papers submitted to the technical research track will win Distinguished Paper Award and will be invited to be revised and extended for consideration in a special issue of the Empirical Software Engineering journal by Springer. All extended submissions will be evaluated following the guidelines of the corresponding journal. Only those satisfying all the criteria will be accepted for the journal publication.
Conference Attendance Expectation
If a submission is accepted, at least one author of the paper is required to register for Internetware 2023 and present the paper.
All authors of accepted papers of will be asked to complete an electronic ACM Copyright form and will receive further instructions for preparing their camera ready versions. All accepted contributions will be published in the Internetware 2023 electronic proceedings and in the ACM Digital Library.