Call for Contributions
This year SSBSE welcomes authors of papers accepted in relevant journals to present and discuss their work directly with the community.
A journal-first presentation must adhere to the following criteria:
- The accepted journal paper was accepted to a journal from the list below no earlier than May 30, 2020 and no later than March 30, 2021
- The paper is in the scope of the conference
- The paper reports completely new research results and/or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work.
- The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
- The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other conferences.
- The paper should not exclusively report a secondary study, e.g., systematic reviews, mapping studies, surveys.
- The paper was published in a journal from the list below
- IEEE Transaction of Software Engineering (IEEE TSE),
- Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE),
- Journal of System and Software (JSS)
- Information and Software Technology (IST)
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (ACM TOSEM),
- Automated Software Engineering (ASE)
Authors of manuscripts that respect these criteria are invited to submit a one-page presentation proposal consisting of the paper title, authors, an extended abstract and a pointer to the original journal paper.
The presentation proposals are evaluated in terms of contributions to and relevance to the community. An award will be given to the outstanding paper.
At least one author of each presentation accepted for the journal-first program must register and attend the conference to present the paper.
The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the SSBSE proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program with a pointer to the journal publication.