Arriving in Canada
Since November 2016, an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) has been compulsory for travelling to Canada as a foreign visitor for whom a visa is not necessary. This requirement is not applicable to Americans and visitors who are in possession of a valid visa.
Consult the following pages from the Canadian government about visas and ETA:
Getting a Visa Support Letter
The ACM does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend SPLASH. We can however issue a visa support letter. For visa support letters, please send all requests to the Office of SIG Services via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Your name as it appears on your passport
- Current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend (SPLASH)
- Your Registration Confirmation Number
- If you have a paper accepted, provide title and indicate if you are ‘sole’ or ‘co-’ author
- Visa support letters are issued via e-mail and the original is mailed to your postal address.
See the ACM Visa Support Letters page for updates to this policy.