HPCA/PPoPP/CGO/CC Joint Panel: Valuing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Our Computing Community
HPCA, PPoPP, CGO, and CC are hosting a joint panel titled “Valuing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Our Computing Community”.
There is a movement occurring broadly across many scientific and engineering fields, including widely within our computing community, toward making tangible progress through intentional actions and interventions for advancing and valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion. There is also a movement toward dismantling structural and/or systemic factors—especially but not limited to racial and gender biases—that may be standing in the way of making much needed progress in advancing and valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion fully. Similar to those in other technical fields, we as a computing community are faced with the persistent key question: What more can and should be done? At this panel (see full description here), which is broadly accessible to the larger computing community, this and other important questions will be discussed by a stellar set of world-renowned computing researchers who value diversity, equity, and inclusion. From this open and lively discussion, our hope is attendees will be better positioned to make measurable progress in bringing about continual, significant, and sustained change that shall enable gainful strides in further valuing diversity, equity and inclusion within our computing community.
The panel consists of the following distinguished and renowned leaders:
- John L. Hennessy - Stanford Professor and Chairman of Alphabet, 2017 ACM Turing Awardee
- David Patterson - Berkeley Professor and Google Distinguished Engineer, 2017 ACM Turing Awardee
- Margaret Martonosi - Princeton Professor and NSF Assistant Director of CISE, Fellow of ACM and IEEE
- Bill Dally - NVIDIA Chief Scientist and former Stanford Professor, National Academy of Engineering member
- Natalie Enright Jerger - U. of Toronto Professor and ACM’s Council on Diversity and Inclusion co-Chair, Fellow of IEEE and ACM Distinguished Member
- Kim Hazelwood - West Coast Head of Engineering at Facebook AI Research, CRA Board Member
- Timothy M. Pinkston (Moderator) USC Professor and Vice Dean, CRA Board Member and Fellow of AAAS, ACM, IEEE
Wed 3 Mar Times are displayed in time zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada) change
13:30 - 15:00
|HPCA/PPoPP/CGO/CC Joint Panel: Valuing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Our Computing Community|
CC Research Papers
P: John L. HennessyStanford University and Alphabet, P: David PattersonUC Berkeley and Google, P: Margaret MartonosiPrinceton University and NSF CISE, P: Bill DallyNVIDIA and Stanford University, P: Natalie Enright JergerUniversity of Toronto and ACM D&I Council, P: Kim HazelwoodFacebook AI Research, P: Timothy M. PinkstonUniversity of Southern California