Congratulations on the acceptance of your paper at ASE 2020!
Please read this page carefully. It contains important information regarding how to register for the conference, and submit the final version of your paper.
Each paper has a unique identifier. Your unique paper identifier is “ase20-CATEGORY-NNN”, and you should use this identifier when uploading the final version (if applicable) and also when registering. Replace NNN with the original paper number in the submission systems (no leading zeros). The CATEGORY for your track/event is in the following table. Example: For submission 97 in the tool demonstration track, the paper identifier is ase20-demo-97.
|Main track (research, new idea)
|Student research competition
|Journal first paper (*)
|Late breaking result
|Workshop papers - AMobile
|Workshop papers - HCSECS
|Workshop papers - SUSTAIN
|Workshop papers - NLPSEA
(*) Journal First papers are not included in the ASE proceedings. You will still need the unique paper identifier for the registration.
Each paper has a maximum length. Do NOT exceed the page limit.
- Technical Research Papers: must not exceed 11 pages (including figures) plus up to 2 pages that contain ONLY references.
- New Ideas Papers: must not exceed 4 pages (including all text, appendices, acknowledgements, tables and figures) + 1 page that contains ONLY references.
- Demonstration Papers: must not exceed 4 pages (including all text, appendices, acknowledgements, tables and figures) + 1 page that contains ONLY references.
- Industry Showcase Papers: must not exceed 4 pages (including all text, appendices, acknowledgements, tables and figures) + 1 page that contains ONLY references.
- Doctoral Symposium Papers: must not exceed 4 pages (including all text, appendices, acknowledgements, tables and figures) + 1 page that contains ONLY references.
- Journal first Papers: not applicable, not included in the ASE proceedings.
- Late Breaking Result (LBR) Papers: must not exceed 2 pages plus up to 1 page that contain ONLY references. LBR papers can be published in proceedings if received by the camera-ready deadline ; else we encourage authors to make available on ArXiv.org.
- Student Research Competition (SRC) Papers: must not exceed 2 pages plus up to 1 page that contains ONLY references
One of the paper authors must register for the event your paper was accepted at by August 31, 2020. If you do not register on time, your paper may be removed from the program of the event. One registration can cover multiple papers that you have co-authored.
The registration is expected to open early August.
The link to the ASE 2020 Online Author Submission Site is after the following important instructions. Please read the instructions carefully.
- Camera-ready papers need to be uploaded to IEEE CPS by 31 August 2020.
- Please note that although your paper needs to be uploaded to IEEE CPS, the required format is ACM
- Authors will receive an ACM copyright link directly from the publisher. Once authors have submitted the copyright release form they will be able to download the copyright information for their papers (which is needed for the camera ready copy)
- Please consider the reviews carefully when preparing the camera-ready version of your paper.
- Note that changes to the set of authors are not allowed (additions, deletions of authors). The order of authors can be changed and typos in the author names can be corrected with permission from the PC chairs.
- Changes to the title are only allowed with a prior permission from the PC chairs, including in cases where the title change was suggested by the PC.
- Strictly follow the ASE 2020 formatting guidelines and camera ready instructions. Failure to do so may lead to your paper being rejected.
- Each paper has a maximum length. Do NOT exceed the page limit (see the list above).
The submission process consists of three important steps. You will need the unique paper identifier.
- Copyright release: ASE 2020 and its associated publications are under ACM copyright. No text needs to be added to your final paper submission, including copyright or page numbers.
- File conversion/validation: You can use PDF eXpress for online file conversion and PDF Validation. Please note that PDF eXpress is NOT the submission site: After reviewing your paper and checking for accuracy, you must follow the next step and complete the submission instructions found at the link below.
- Paper submission (both PDF file and source file): Please note that the unique paper identifier MUST be included in the paper submission step of the Author Submission Site.
Your successful paper transmission will be notified with confirmation e-mail to the submitter.
The submission site can be accessed here.
The Workshop paper submission site can be accessed here.
You will need to create an account before you access the submission site.
If you have any technical questions please contact the proceedings production editor Lisa O’Connor. As specified in the acceptance letter, one of the paper’s authors must register by the camera-ready deadline using the unique paper identifier.
We look forward to seeing the final version of your paper, and your presentation at ASE 2020! Congratulations again!