Visitor Visas to the United States

Individuals traveling to the United States to attend an academic conference may require a B-1 Visitor Visa. U.S. visa policy permits travel without a visa to citizens of specific countries if they meet requirements.

Letters of invitation are not required, however, the ESEM organizers will provide you with a letter of invitation upon request.

To request a letter of invitation, send an email to the ESEIW Finance Chair, Lucas Layman, containing:

  • Your name as it appears on your passport
  • Your postal address
  • The title(s) of the paper(s) on which you are an author

Each person who requests a letter of invitation must send an email from their own account — requests on behalf of multiple people will not be accepted. A signed PDF of the letter of invitation will be emailed back to the applicant.