We are seeking candidate student volunteers for the 16th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification, and Validation (ICST 2023). Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring that the conference runs smoothly. Being a volunteer is also an excellent opportunity to build your network. You get the opportunity to not only connect and interact with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners, but can also meet other students from all over the world with a shared interest in Software Testing!
This experience is available to undergraduate or graduate students from anywhere in the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ICST 2023 a memorable experience for all attendees.
Don’t miss your chance! Apply and be selected to help us with the organisation of ICST 2023 in Dublin!
- Complimentary student registration to the main conference, as well as the ability to attend the sessions that you have been assigned to.
- A great opportunity to connect with leading researchers and discuss your research, both from academia and industry, and other students.
- Possibility to attend pre-conference events on the days when you will be volunteering.
- Note that all accepted papers must have a full or life member registration (not student registration) by at least one co-author for the main conference or workshop they are appearing in, as appropriate. If you are selected as a student volunteer and you have a paper at ICST’23, your student registration cost will be covered by the volunteer position, however, one of your co-authors must ALSO register at the full member registration rate for the conference for the paper.
- Note that there are some caveats that apply to the free registration for student volunteers:
- Student volunteers who are attending as co-authors on accepted papers (either at the main conference or a workshop) will receive free registration as long as one co-author is registered with a full or life-member registration.
- For student volunteers who are attending the doctoral symposium, the conference registration is covered in full (including the doctoral symposium).
- For student volunteers who are attending to present a paper from last year’s conference, they will receive free conference registration.
- Approximately 20 hours of in-person work during the in-person conference week
- Co-ordinating online events, helping session chairs, monitor chats, etc.
- Availability in the period from April 16 - April 20th, 2023 (inclusive)
- Not all volunteers will be required to work full time, so that you can also participate in the conference as a regular student attendee
- Must be enrolled as a doctoral, masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Complete the online application form at https://forms.gle/VCurPPHDMwUFqaEt9 before March 1.
- Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty member at your institution. That letter must be emailed to the Student Volunteers co-Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org; with the subject line “ICST2023SV Reference for
”) by the faculty reference you indicate in the application form. The letter should cover your organizational skills, willingness to help, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us to select you as a student volunteer.
Deadline for the application: March 1, 2023
Student volunteer chair
Neil Walkinshaw, The University of Sheffield, UK & Siobhán Grayson, Trinity College Dublin and Lero, Ireland