ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 Journal-First Call for Papers
ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 invites authors to submit accepted papers of selected journals for incorporating them as journal-first paper presentations in the conference program. We invite authors of articles that have been published or have been accepted for publication in the years 2019 to 2021 by the following journals:
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (ACM TOSEM)
- IEEE Transaction of Software Engineering (IEEE TSE).
- IEEE Software
- Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE)
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSEP)
Articles can only be considered if they have not previously been presented at other conferences or workshops and if they are not submitted in parallel for journal-first consideration to other events.
Through this initiative, we provide authors of journal-first papers accepted in the named journals the opportunity to submit their papers for presentation at ICSSP/ICGSE 2021, thus allowing them to present their work and engage directly with the community and offering the ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 attendees an additional channel to the research track program.
A submission to the ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 call for journal-first paper presentations must adhere to the following criteria:
• The associated accepted journal paper was accepted and/or published by a journal from the list above no earlier than January 1st, 2019 and no later than January 31st, 2021.
• The paper is in the scope of the conference (see theme and list of topics in the call for research papers ).
• The paper reports completely new research results and/or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work.
• The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
• The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other conferences or workshops.
• The paper should not exclusively report a secondary study, e.g., systematic reviews, mapping studies, surveys.
How to Submit
The authors of a paper that confirms to the criteria above are invited to submit a (maximum) two-page presentation proposal consisting of the paper’s title, the paper’s authors, an extended abstract, and a pointer to the original journal paper at the journal’s Web site (alternatively, a copy of the paper as attachment if it has been finally accepted for publication, but not yet been published). If the journal paper is related to or builds on a previously published work (such as, a tool demo or a poster), then the proposal must clearly and explicitly justify why the paper should be considered a journal first paper. In the submission process, authors have to select the category journal-first.
Submissions should conform to the IEEE formatting instructions IEEE Conference Proceedings Formatting Guidelines.
Evaluation and Selection
Authors will be invited to present their paper at ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 after a check that the paper satisfies the above listed criteria. As the papers have already been reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical content. In case that an exceptionally high number of submissions is received, not all papers will be selected. Priority will be given to the papers that best fit the technical program, offering a balance across the conference topics.
The review and selection process of journal-first submissions will be handled by ICSSP/ICGSE 2021’s technical program committee.
• Journal First Submissions Deadline: Jan 31, 2021 (Anywhere on Earth, UTC-12)
• Journal First Acceptance Notification: Feb 22, 2021
Conference Attendance Expectation
If a submission is accepted for the journal-first program, at least one author of the associated journal paper is expected to register for and attend the ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 conference and present the work. ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 have the right to pull papers out of the program if there is no associated registration by two weeks past the authors’ registration deadline.
Presentation and Publication
A journal-first presentation will be scheduled in a session with other papers of related topics. Journal-first presentations will be allocated 10-15 minutes, depending on the number of papers included in the program, ideally, the same time as the technical papers. The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be published as part of the ICSE 2021 and ICSSP/ICGSE 2021 proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program.