Instructions for Authors Presenting at ICSE 2023 PDF (Last Updated 28 April 2023)
We are pleased to provide more information regarding your presentation at ICSE 2023 to be held in Melbourne and 14 – 20 May 2023.
All presenters are expected to present live in-person at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre unless alternate agreements have been made. Please see below the guidelines for those who are presenting in-person during the main ICSE conference, Wednesday 17 May – Friday 19 May 2023.
Please refer to the online program here to allocate the session and time in which you are presenting in. Please note the schedule is subject to change.
Presentation format and slide ratio
- Your presentation should be saved as a PowerPoint file (not a pdf). If you have created your presentation using Apple Keynote, you will need to ‘save as’ a PowerPoint file.
- The slide ratio for your presentation should be set to 16:9. To change the ratio on PPT, go to the ‘Design’ tab at the top, then select ‘Slide Size’ (usually located on the far right) here you will find the ratio options. PDF is also accepted.
- The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre have a special smart lectern that all presenters must use, therefore you will be unable to use your own laptop.
Loading your presentation
- You will need to bring your PowerPoint presentation on either a USB to the Conference or have it saved on an accessible web drive such as a Google Drive or Dropbox, so that you can easily provide your presentation to the AV technician.
- A speaker preparation room will be located in Speaker Room 101 on level 1 of the MCEC near the registration desk.
- Speakers should report to the speaker preparation room at least 1 hour before their scheduled presentation.
- If you have any video files in your presentation, please have these files saved separately on your USB or accessible web drive.
- The Speakers’ Preparation Room will be open at the below times;
Wednesday 17 May: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Thursday 18 May: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Friday 19 May: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Audio visual inclusions
The below audio visual will be provided in all session rooms:
- Screen and projector with sound
- Smart lectern with in-built screen and presentations pre-loaded
Speakers will be unable to use their own laptops as this will cause disjoin in the program. We ask all speakers to kindly use the equipment provided and follow the instructions above to load your presentation in the speakers’ preparation room.
How to present?
- Please go to your allocated room 10 minutes before the session start time to meet with the Session Chair and familiarise yourself with the room and AV.
- If you have any enquires you can visit Speaker Room 101 or the registration desk.