ECOOP and ISSTA 2021 (series) / Discussions with Experts /
Practical Static Analysis and Bug Finding
Join us for a deep dive into the practical aspects of static analysis and bug finding. We will ponder over these questions (and more) during this session:
- What is required to make a static analysis/bug detection tool practical?
- Is there any hope that these tools will ever find a significant percentage of all bugs?
- Is there a point where we’d say the problem of bug detection is sufficiently addressed, or is this an eternal research topic?
- What challenges exist in bug detection that haven’t existed, say, 10 years ago?
- How to associate a dollar value to a bug?
- What are the strategies to motivate practitioners to resolve a bug in a timely manner?
- What would be a good answer to a typical response on bugs detected using program analyses: “This code has been in production for long without any issues”
- Bug finding using analysis vs Bug reproducibility from the field – Where should we focus our efforts?
- Scaling static analysis during CI – what are the challenges?
Thu 15 JulDisplayed time zone: Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris change
Thu 15 Jul
Displayed time zone: Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris change
20:20 - 21:00
|Practical Static Analysis and Bug Finding|
Discussions with Experts