The international ICT4S conferences bring together leading researchers in ICT for Sustainability with government and industry representatives, including decision-makers with an interest in using ICT for sustainability, as well as artists and researchers focusing on ICT effects on sustainability and developers of sustainable ICT systems or applications. In order to smoothly run the conference and associated workshops and tutorials, we need student volunteers to help out on the practical aspect of the organization. All the events associated with ICT4S 2023 will take place from Monday June 5, 2023, to Friday June 9, 2023 in Rennes, France.
How to apply?
Student Volunteers play a key role in the success of ICT4S by helping the conference from registration to local matters. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with other students, academics and practitioners from all over the world that share your interest in ICT for Sustainability! Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students. The student volunteer opportunity is available to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ICT4S 2023 a unique experience for all attendees. Would you like to be part of the ICT4S 2023 organization? Don’t miss your chance! Sign up and help us!
Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference week:
- Provide assistance at registration.
- Provide directions to various locations at the conference venue.
- Provide technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Monitor session rooms and dining halls.
- Collect tickets and check badges.
- Provide assistance for attendees with special needs.
Note: Hours will be allocated flexibly so you can still contribute academically to the conference
- Free registration to the conference including lunches, the reception and the gala.
- Special dinner for all student volunteers on Sunday, June 4.
- A great opportunity to network with leading researchers and other students.
- Finally, we will do our best to help volunteers find their accommodation.
Notes: Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
- Must be enrolled as a Doctoral, Masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- English proficient
- Good social and communication skills.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application form and upload the supporting documents by clicking APPLY NOW.
- The deadline for application is April 15, 2023.
- The acceptance notifications will be sent April 24, 2023.
Visas and other supporting documents:
- Visa application support letter available upon request.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Student Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs know as soon as possible.
Student Volunteers Co-Chairs:
- Stephanie Challita (University of Rennes, France)
- Shola Oyedeji (LUT University, Finland)