The International Conference on Information and Communications Technology for Sustainability (ICT4S) is the premier international conference aiming at bringing together leading researchers in ICT for Sustainability with government, industry and community representatives, including decision-makers and end-users with an interest in using ICT for sustainability, as well as artists and researchers focusing on ICT effects on sustainability and developers of sustainable ICT systems or applications. ICT4S is devoted to covering all types of research, developments and applications of ICT to support sustainability. In this context, there are still numerous problems to be addressed that require collaborative research across multiple disciplines.
Call for Papers
To provide a broader forum for reporting on scientific progress as well as practical experiences on ICT for sustainability, ICT4S 2023 invites submissions of papers recently published in related journals. Authors of recently published journal papers are invited to present their work at ICT4S 2023, therefore providing an opportunity for the authors to engage directly with the community and offering the attendees an additional dimension to the conference program.
Journal First papers should relate to ICT4S and describe original results that have not been presented at a conference. Papers that are extensions of previous conference papers are not eligible. For a journal paper to be eligible to participate, the paper must be: in scope of the conference (see below Topics of interest), accepted in one of the following journals (if you would like us to consider a paper published in another journal of equal reputation to those presented in the list, please contact the Program Chairs), and accepted for publication after January 1st, 2022 and before December 31st, 2022.
List of considered journals: T-SUSC, SUSCOM, Technol. Forecast. Soc. Change, Solutions, JSS, IST, GMD, JSDTL, Telematics and Informatics, STS, FGCS, EIA Review, IEEE Series on Green Communications and Computing Networks, INFOGG, Journal of Cleaner Production, JSME, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Applied Energy, Energy Policy, TSE, TOSEM, Environ. Model. Softw., IEEE Software, IEEE Computer, CACM, REEN, SoSyM, ASE, JOT, IJSEKE, IJCTT, IJSE, CSRD, JIIS.
Authors will be invited to present their journal paper at ICT4S 2023 after a check that the paper satisfies the criteria listed above. Since the papers have already been reviewed and accepted by the respective journals, they will not be reviewed again for their technical content.
In case an exceptionally high number of submissions is received, we may not be able to select all papers. In this case, priority will be given to the papers with authors that have no (or fewer) papers accepted at other ICT4S tracks. If we still need to select from papers with the same priority, we will choose papers that best fit the technical program, offering a balance across the conference topics.
ICT4S 2023 seeks submissions to the Journal First track on diverse topics related to ICT for sustainability, including, but not limited to:
- Sustainable community building via ICT
- Potential of ICT for economic growth and decentralization
- Green E-Commerce, sustainable online-shopping
- Digital Sufficiency / Digital Sobriety
- ICT and circular economy / circular society
- Sustainability-driven resilience by and of ICT
- Social sustainability implications, contributions and limitations of ICT
- Enabling and systemic effects of ICT on society and/or the environment
- Smart cyber-physical systems (grids, city, home, farming)
- Sustainability in data centers and high-performance computing
- Green networking, monitoring and adaptation of software-intensive systems and services
- ICT-induced behavioral and societal change
- Design principles for sustainable ICT
- Sustainable software engineering
- Sustainability of technical infrastructures
- Software for sustainable business governance
- Reduced hardware obsolescence
- Incentives and nudges for more sustainable ICT
- Challenges for an environmentally sustainable ICT industry
- Art and education in ICT for sustainability
- Systematic interdisciplinary efforts in ICT for sustainability
- Computational sustainability
- Climate informatics
- Blockchain and Sustainability
- Cloud and sustainability
- Smart and Sustainability
- FinTech and Sustainability
- IST sustainability and SDGs
- Agile & Sustainability
Papers should be submitted electronically via EasyChair.
Select the “[ICT4S’23] Journal First Track” and submit your published journal paper together with a cover letter describing the reasons why it should be presented at ICT4S 2023, merged into a single file. Each cover letter is limited to 2 pages in IEEE conference proceedings format including text, appendices, figures, and references. Please note that it is by no means mandatory that you use all these elements as long as the cover letter clearly explains the appropriateness of the paper to be presented at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted Journal First paper is expected to register for the conference. Registered authors of the accepted Journal First papers will be allocated a slot during the conference to present their work.