Instructions for Authors Presenting at ICSE 2023 PDF (Last Updated 28 April 2023)
We are pleased to provide more information regarding your presentation at ICSE 2023 to be held in Melbourne and 14 – 20 May 2023.
Only those who have been approved will be able to present remotely.
All presenters are expected to present live in-person at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre unless alternate agreements have been made. Please see below the guidelines for those who are approved to be presenting virtually during the main ICSE conference, Wednesday 17 May – Friday 19 May 2023.
Please refer to the online program here to allocate the session and time in which you are presenting in.
You will be required to present via Zoom. Please join the zoom meeting 10 minutes before your session start time. The zoom meeting details you will need to join will be sent to you the week before the conference.
Minimum Environment Standards
Your presentation space should be set with the following standards:
- Well-lit from in-front, with no light sources behind you or pointing directly at your camera.
- Room should be quiet with isolation from outside noise (close doors).
- Use an external microphone or headset microphone for best quality (do not use built in microphones on laptop devices).
- Install the latest Zoom application on your computer. Do not present via a web browser.
- Run the Zoom audio/video test before joining the call to make sure your audio and video look and sound good.
- When presenting content, use a second screen to allow you to easily see your content and any other presenters that may be on the Zoom call.
- If on a group call such as a panel, mute your microphone when you are not presenting or communicating. Do not forget to unmute prior to presenting again.
- If your presentation contains any audio, you must enable the sharing of audio when sharing your screen.
- When you have finished presenting, stop sharing your screen (if you were presenting content) and mute your microphone. The call operator will remove you from the presentation room when your presentation is over.