IEEE VL/HCC will now be a virtual conference. Here are some details about attending the conference and how the conference will take place including tools and processes.
Please read the Code of Conduct which you must abide by at all times during the conference.
- The conference will take place on the Clowdr platform see: https://vlhcc2020.clowdr.org/
- If you have registered for the conference you will have received an email to login to the Clowdr platform.
- Once you login then to access the conference room select from the top menu “Sessions” -> “Live Sessions” -> “Dunedin Town Hall | Zoom Room” -> click “Enter”
- Here is an introductory video about Clowdr from the developers for the ICSE conference. Note we are not using Slack. Clowdr uses Zoom for video and Twilio for chat. There are a number of break out rooms which we will also use.
If you are presenting please make sure you are in the main conference room (Dunedin Town Hall | Zoom Room) 10 mins before your talk.
- Full papers: 10 mins + 5 mins for questions
- Short papers: 5mins +2-3 mins for questions
- Full and Short Papers are presented as Live presentations. However, some authors may have problems presenting live and so can prerecord their talks and then play them during the presentation slot. If you are prerecording your talk please let your session chair know.
- Showpieces and Posters: prerecord up to 2 minute lightning talk which will be used at the start of the first Showpieces and Posters session. The remaining part of Session 1 will be in the breakout rooms for each showpiece and poster. Then for Sessions 2 and 3 these will also be in the breakout rooms.
- Note: we are considering recording the talks (Full Papers and Short Papers) and uploading the recordings to a VL/HCC YouTube channel, details to be confirmed. There will be options to opt out as well if we do this option.
- Note: here is a guide on how to deliver a remote presentation: A Remote Video Presentation Guide
- Carefully read the Code of Conduct
- Read the papers presented in your session to prepare for Q&A or discussion.
- Please arrive 10 mins early into the main conference room (Dunedin Town Hall | Zoom Room) to welcome presenters
- As attendees arrive, welcome them to the session
- Set a timer 3 minutes before the session to remember to end it.
- Ensure the session starts on time.
- Introduce yourself
- Introduce the presenters
- Remind the audience to use the chat system for Q&A
- While the presentation plays, monitor the Q&A
- After the presentation, if there are no Q&A, ask a question
- End on time, remind attendees about the break and next session.
There will be breaks after each session which attendees can ask further questions to presenters or hang out in the main conference room. Or take an actual break!
There will be a conference social event at the end of Day 2 of the conference which will be an exciting VL/HCC style quiz stay tuned for details about this!
The conference proceedings are available online and through our protected web page:
- IEEE Xplore VL/HCC Proceedings (Free until 17 August)
- Proceedings -> see Welcome email for password details