The ETAPS 2019 organizing committee invites proposals for satellite events (workshops) that will complement the main conferences. They should fall within the scope of ETAPS. This encompasses all aspects of the system development process, including specification, design, implementation, analysis and improvement, as well as the languages, methodologies and tools which support these activities, covering a spectrum from practically-motivated theory to soundly-based practice. The committee especially encourages workshops on program synthesis and on the development of approximate systems.
Satellite events provide an opportunity to discuss and report on emerging research approaches and practical experience relevant to theory and practice of software.
ETAPS 2019 satellite events will be held immediately before the main conferences, on April 6-7.
Call for Satellite Events
The organizers of an ETAPS 2019 satellite are expected to:
- create and maintain a website for the event, as a part of the main ETAPS web page
- form a PC, produce a call for papers for the event (if appropriate),
- advertise the event through specialist mailing lists etc. to complement the publicity of ETAPS,
- review the submissions received and make acceptance decisions,
- prepare an informal (pre)proceedings for the event (if appropriate),
- prepare the event’s program complying with any scheduling constraints defined by the ETAPS 2019 organizing committee,
- prepare and organize the publication of a formal (post)proceedings (if desired).
Note: workshop web pages will be hosted on the main ETAPS web site.
The ETAPS 2019 organizing committee will:
- promote the event on the website and in the publicity material of ETAPS 2019,
- integrate the event’s program into the overall program of the conference,
- arrange registration for the event as a component of registration for ETAPS,
- collect a participation fee from the registrants,
- produce a compilation USB memory stick of the informal (pre)proceedings of the satellite events of ETAPS 2019 and distribute this to the registrants,
- provide the event with a meeting room of an appropriate size, A/V equipment, coffee breaks and possibly lunch(es).
As a rule, ETAPS will not contribute toward the travel or accommodation costs of invited speakers or organizers of satellite events.
SUBMISSION OF SATELLITE EVENT PROPOSALS
Researchers and practitioners wishing to organize satellite events are invited to submit proposals via the following online form (the preferred option):
or via an email to the workshop co-chairs:
- Milan Ceska (Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic) email@example.com
- Ryan Culpepper (Czech Technical University in Prague) firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is requested:
- the name and acronym of the satellite event
- the names and contact information of the organizers
- the duration of the event: one or two days
- the preferred period: April 6, April 7, April 6 - 7
- the expected number of participants
- a brief description (120 words approximately) of the event topic for the website and publicity material of ETAPS 2019
- a brief explanation of the event topic and its relevance to ETAPS
- an explanation of the selection procedure of contributions to the event, the PC chair and members, if known already, information about past editions of the event, if applicable
- any other relevant information, like a special event format, invited speakers, demo sessions, special space requirements, etc.
- a tentative schedule for paper submission, notification of acceptance and final versions for the (pre-)proceedings (the ETAPS 2019 organizing committee will need the final files by the end of Feb. 2019)
- the plans for formal publication (no formal publication, formal proceedings ready by the event, formal post-proceedings, publication venue - EPTCS or elsewhere)
The proposals will be evaluated by the ETAPS 2019 organizing committee on the basis of their assessed benefit for prospective participants of ETAPS 2019. Prospective organizers may wish to consult the web pages of previous satellite events as examples:
- ETAPS 2018: http://www.etaps.org/2018/workshops
- ETAPS 2017: http://www.etaps.org/2017/workshops
- ETAPS 2016: http://www.etaps.org/2016/workshops
- ETAPS 2015: http://www.etaps.org/2015/workshops
- ETAPS 2014: http://www.etaps.org/2014/workshops
- ETAPS 2013: http://www.etaps.org/2013/workshops
- ETAPS 2012: http://www.etaps.org/2012/workshops