Call for Proposals
The International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA) is pleased to invite the software architecture community to submit proposals for tutorials and technical briefings to be featured at our conference. ICSA is renowned for its commitment to advancing software architecture knowledge, and we welcome your contributions to make the event even more enriching.
Types of Tutorials/Technical BriefingsWe are accepting proposals for three distinct types of Technical Briefings:
- Short Tutorials / Technical Brief (90 minutes): These sessions offer a concise introduction to emerging software engineering topics, such as practices for specific system types or cutting-edge technologies.
- Comprehensive Tutorials / Technical Brief (180 minutes, divided into two 90-minute sessions): This format allows speakers to present a comprehensive overview of a broader software engineering domain, such as empirical software engineering, search-based software engineering, or machine learning.
- Hands-On (90 or 180 minutes, in two modular 90-minute sessions): In these sessions, presenters lead hands-on, tool-supported experiences on a specific topic, encouraging active participation from attendees.
Evaluation CriteriaThe Technical Briefings committee will assess proposals based on the following criteria:
- Relevance and Importance: How the topic addresses the needs and interests of both industry and academia.
- Timeliness: The contemporary nature of the subject matter.
- Audience Appeal: The potential to engage and benefit a wide range of participants.
- Suitability: How well the proposal aligns with the chosen format.
- Teaching Methods: Particularly in hands-on sessions, the effectiveness of the instructional approach.
- Presenter Qualifications: The experience and expertise of the presenters.
Please note that proposals focusing on extremely niche research topics, commercial tool presentations, or marketing materials will not be considered.
How to SubmitPrepare your proposal, no longer than 2 pages with the following components:
- A description of the topic
- A paragraph explaining why the topic is relevant to the software engineering research community and industry at large
- Brief speaker information and biographies
For all submissions, include at least three representative sample slides (not included in 2 pages limit). For hands-on sessions, provide additional exercise details. Combine your proposal, sample slides, and exercise details (if applicable) into a single PDF file with all fonts included. Proposals must be written in English, not exceed 2 pages in IEEE CS proceedings format, and must be submitted electronically in PDF through EasyChair.
PublicationAccepted Technical Briefing presenters will have the opportunity to publish a 2-page abstract in the ICSA 2024 Companion proceedings. Abstracts must conform to IEEE formatting guidelines and should be submitted by the deadline of February 1, 2024.
- Abstract due: February 1st, 2024
- Paper due: February 15th, 2024
- Notification of acceptance: March 8th, 2024
- Camera Ready due: March 31st, 2024
Notes: All deadlines are 23:59h AoE (anywhere on Earth)
We look forward to receiving your innovative proposals and making ICSA 2024 a memorable and enlightening event for the software architecture community. Join us in shaping the future of software architecture knowledge and practice!
Tutorials and Tech Briefings ChairsMehdi Mirakhorli, University of Hawaii
Ravindra Naik, TCS Research