International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIITH) is an autonomous University, founded as a not-for-profit public private partnership (N-PPP) in 1998, and is the first IIIT in India under this model. Over the years, the institute has evolved strong research programmes in various areas, with an emphasis on technology and applied research for industry and society. The institute facilitates interdisciplinary research and a seamless flow of knowledge. Several world-renowned centres of excellence are part of IIITH’s research portfolio. It has established various joint collaboration and co-innovation models with an industry outreach spanning significant national and multinational companies. Its innovative curriculum allows students the flexibility of selecting their courses and projects. Apart from academics the institute provides students with a comprehensive environment that promotes art and culture, sports, societal contributions and self-governance. Even undergraduate students get to participate in ongoing research and technology development - an opportunity unprecedented in India. As a result, a vibrant undergraduate programme co-exists along with a strong postgraduate programme.
Explore latest trends and research at IIIT Hyderabad in its official Youtube channel here
Located in Gachibowli, IIIT Hyderabad is one of the most prestigious private research universities in India. Gachibowli is an ideal location with the right mix of academic institutes, technology companies and IT organizations of the government. Several world-renowned centers' of excellence are part of IIIT Hyderabad’s research portfolio. It has established various collaboration and co-innovation models with an industry outreach spanning significant national and multinational companies. The institute spans an area of 66 acres (approx. 267,000 m2) with an ample number of classrooms, activity rooms, etc. with varying city capacities that could be used to conduct tutorials, keynote sessions, paper presentations, poster halls, etc. All the rooms are equipped with the latest and state-of-the-art digital facilities making it an ideal choice for meetings, workshops, and conference sessions.
- By Air: IIIT Hyderabad (IIIT-H) is located just about 35 km away from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, (IATA: HYD, ICAO: VOHS) one of the largest airports in India providing connectivity to all the major destinations across the world.
- Getting from Airport to Campus: The campus can be reached from the airport within about 40 minutes via public transport or private taxis (provided by different companies like Uber, Ola, etc.). It is highly recommended to take a pre-paid cab or service such as Uber or Ola to reach the IIIT-H campus. It would cost around 800-1200 INR depending on the type of taxi.
- By Train: Hyderabad has multiple railway stations, from each of which there is a good connectivity to the IIIT-H campus. Check out available Trains here if are travelling within India
- From Nampally Railway Station:The institute is 16 kms from the Nampally railway station. From the station, one can take an auto or Prepaid Taxi or an APSRTC bus (Nos: 216 & 217) to reach IIIT-H.
- From Secunderabad Railway Station : The institute is 23 kms from the Secunderabad railway station. From the station, one can take a pre-paid taxi or metered auto or an APSRTC bus to Mehdipatnam (Nos:5 & 49M), and another bus from Mehdipatnam to IIIT-H (Nos: 216, 217).
- From Begumpet Railway Station : Some trains, especially those coming from Mumbai, stop at Begumpet Railway Station which is about 16km from IIIT-H. From there one can take a pre-paid taxi or metered auto to reach the campus. If you plan to come by bus, take bus No.49M from there to reach Mehdipatnam and then another bus (Nos: 216 & 217) to reach the IIIT-H campus
- From Lingampally Railway Station: Some trains especially from Mumbai also stop at Lingampalli railway station, which is just 7 kms from the IIIT-H campus. Autorickshaws and shared mini-taxis (tempos) are available.
- By Road If one is reaching Hyderabad by bus and getting down at Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station, then one can reach the campus by taxi or metered Autos or TSRTC (Telangana State Road Transport Corporation) bus numbered 216 or 217 (Note: Bus numbers 216K and 216L do not go via the institute campus).
- Metered Taxi Services: Typically they charge Rs. 15/- per kilometre with a min. of Rs.60/4kms. Some of the best options are Dott Cabs: +91-40-2424 2424; Easy Cabs: +91-40-4343 4343; Cell Cabs: +91-40-2324 2526; Meru : +91-40-4422 4422.
- Metered Autos: 3 wheelers or Autos (Tuk-tuks) are fairly popular in Hyderabad. Slightly larger shared-ride 7-seaters will charge by distances, usually Rs.3/- per km. They travel on fixed routes. The smaller 3-seaters are metered and charge Rs.8/- per km (min. Rs.10/-)
LocationProf C.R Rao Road, Gachibowli
India Visit website