The Journal-First Track will give authors of selected papers an opportunity to present and discuss their work with the ICST 2024 audience. The details are presented in the Call for Journal-First Presentations.
Call for Journal-First Presentations
ICST 2024 invites submissions for presentations of journal-first papers published recently in prestigious software engineering journals in all areas of software testing, verification, and validation. This will both enrich the ICST program as well as offer the authors an opportunity to present their work to the community.
Applications for journal papers published in:
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- Software Quality Journal (SQJ)
- Information and Software Technology (IST)
- Software Testing, Verification and Reliability (STVR)
Other journals may be considered on a case-by-case basis. A journal-first presentation submitted to ICST 2024 must adhere to the following criteria:
- The paper was accepted for publication (i.e., the date of the acceptance notification) no earlier than 1 January 2022.
- The paper is in the scope of the conference, as defined in the call for ICST 2023 research papers.
- The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that were not previously reported in prior published work.
- The paper has not been presented and is not under consideration for journal-first programs of other conferences.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Automated test generation, e.g., fuzz testing, search-based test generation, (dynamic) symbolic execution
- Manual testing practices and techniques
- Security testing
- Model-based testing
- Test automation
- Static analysis and symbolic execution
- Formal verification and model checking
- Software reliability
- Social aspects of the software testing process
- Testability and design
- Testing and development processes
- Testing education
- Testing in specific domains, such as mobile, web, embedded/cyber-physical systems, concurrent, - distributed, cloud, GUI, and real-time systems
- Testing for learning-enabled software, including deep learning and Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Testing video games, augmented reality
- Testing/debugging tools
- Theory of software testing
- Empirical studies
- Experience reports
If you have a journal publication that meets the aforementioned criteria, you can submit a one-page proposal via EasyChair.
The submission should consist of:
- the paper title;
- names of all authors;
- an extended abstract using the two-column IEEE conference publication format (same as the research track submission);
- a short statement on how the work satisfies the journal-first criteria;
- a pointer to the original journal paper.
Please list all authors of the original journal paper as authors of your submission in EasyChair.
- Journal First Submissions Deadline: January 1st 2024
- Journal First Acceptance Notification: January 5th 2024
- Submissions close at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth, UTC-12)
The JF manuscripts have already been, or will be, published through the journals and therefore will NOT be part of the ICST proceedings. The journal-first papers will be listed in the conference program and the proceeding will only contain the abstract and a pointer to the journal publication.
If a submission is accepted for the journal-first program, at least one author of the associated journal paper must register and attend the conference to present the paper in person.