Call for Papers
The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) is the premier European software architecture conference, providing researchers, practitioners and educators with a platform to present and discuss the most recent, innovative and significant findings and experiences in the field of software architecture research and practice. The 15th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2021) will be held on 13-17 September 2021 in Växjö, Sweden.
Special Issue: Selected papers from the conference will be considered for a Special Issue that is planned to be published in the Journal of Systems and Software.
At ECSA 2021, we aim to focus on how Software Architecture can enable the success of the next generation of software-enabled systems to address the challenges of society, such as health, climate, sustainability, mobility, diversity, and future of production. What are the current research successes that position Software Architecture at the core of the ability to build and sustain systems of the future? What automation, tools, and techniques do software architects and engineers need in order to ensure architectures developed are adaptable, evolvable, verifiable, and meet their quality and functional requirements? The program committee of 15th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2021) seeks submissions of original and unpublished high-quality papers describing fundamental and applied research, new methods, approaches, and processes, novel applications and experience reports on all topics related to software architecture including, but not limited to:
- Foundational principles of software architecture
- Linking requirements engineering and software architectures
- Quality attributes and software architectures
- Architectural design, analysis and evaluation
- Architecture description languages and meta-models
- Architecture verification and validation
- Management of architectural knowledge, decisions, and rationale
- Cross disciplinary efforts and software architecture
- Architectures for reconfigurable and self-adaptive systems
- Architectural concerns of autonomic systems
- Architectural patterns, styles and tactics, reference architectures
- Architecture viewpoints and views
- Architecture conformance
- Software architecture and virtualization
- Architecture-centric process models and frameworks
- Software architecture and agility, continuous integration, continuous development and DevOps tools
- Component-based models and deployment, middleware
- Software architecture and system architecture, including software-defined networking
- Software tools and environments for architecture-centric software engineering
- Cultural, economic, business, social and managerial aspects of software architecture
- Software architecture in different areas such as the cloud/edge-cloud, big data, blockchain, cyber-physical systems, IoT, autonomous systems, systems of systems, energy-aware software
- Architecture & technical debt
- Empirical studies, systematic literature reviews, and mapping studies in software architecture.
ECSA 2021 seeks three types of papers for the research track:
- Research papers (max. 16 pages) which describe novel contributions to software architecture research (submissions should cover work that has a sound scientific/technological basis and has been validated)
- Education and training papers (max. 16 pages in LNCS style) that address experiences and best practices in teaching and training of software architecture.
- Short papers (max. 8 pages) that present novel and preliminary work-in-progress or challenges in a topic of software architecture research or education and training software architectures. Submissions must have a sound basis, but perhaps have not been validated in full.
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process. Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and relevance. All contributions must be original, not published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. Contravention of this concurrent submission policy will be deemed a serious breach of scientific ethics, and appropriate action will be taken in all such cases. All contributions must be formatted according to the Springer LNCS style (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0). The aforementioned limit of pages includes figures and references. Contributions need to be submitted in pdf format via EasyChair to the ECSA’21 Research Track. The proceedings are planned to be published by Springer-Verlag as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Main Conference (Tentative Dates)
- Papers submission: April to May 2021 (to be confirmed)
- Notification of papers: May to June, 2021 (to be confirmed)
- Camera read: June, 2021 (to be confirmed)
Submission dates are 23:59h AoE (anywhere on Earth). Submission dates are strict and no extensions will be granted.