Call for Student Volunteers
Are you ready for an exciting adventure in the world of software engineering? Becoming a student volunteer at our conference is the ultimate way to connect with the leading researchers and practitioners in this field. But wait, that’s not all! You’ll also have a blast meeting students from all over the globe and making unforgettable memories together. And the cherry on top? You get to offset some of the costs of the conference! So, what are you waiting for? Join our volunteer team and let’s make this conference one for the books!
Calling all undergraduate, graduate, and PhD students! Do you want to be a part of our awesome student volunteer team? It’s time to take action and submit your application using our super-easy online form. And guess what? We’ll let you know if you made the cut before the early registration deadline! Apply now!
Perhaps you are wondering if we have some awesome perks for our student volunteers! Check this out:
- Free conference registration
- Networking with international software engineering researchers, practitioners, and other cool students like yourself.
- Keeping your energy levels up with coffee breaks and lunches provided during the conference. Plus, get ready to feast at the conference banquet!
- And last but not least, you’ll get an awesome conference hoodie to show off your volunteer spirit.
We’ve got a couple of requirements for our student volunteers, but don’t worry, they’re easy peasy:
- You need to be a Ph.D., Masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- We ask that you have a good grasp of English, since that’s the main language of the conference. But if you also know Spanish, that’s even better!
As a student volunteer, you’ll get to help make the magic happen during the conference. Here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll work about 20 hours during the week of the conference. But don’t worry, we’ll make sure you have plenty of time to attend sessions and have some fun too!
- You’ll provide technical assistance to speakers and participants. Show off your skills and help them shine!
- Help speakers and participants get where they need to be. It’s like being a conference GPS!
- Assist at the registration desk. Give our attendees a warm welcome and help them get settled in.
- Get your hands dirty (not literally, we hope) preparing conference bags and providing general assistance.
The conference is happening from October 1st, 2023 to October 6th, 2023. As a student volunteer, we need you to be available during that entire week. It’s a big commitment, but it’s totally worth it!
If you’re not available for any of the specified days, no worries! Just let us know in your application form. We’ll take that into account when selecting our volunteers. We want to make sure you have the best experience possible while still being able to attend to your other commitments. Keep in mind that not all volunteers will be required to work the full time. We’ll do our best to work with everyone’s schedules and make sure everyone gets a chance to participate.
You’ll need to fill out our online application form to be considered. You can find the application form at https://forms.gle/7iASsLmP8YEY2T4i8 . The deadline to apply is August 14th, 2023 (11:59 pm AOE). Your academic advisor should send a email with the subject “ICSME 2023 Student Volunteer - < YourName >” with a letter supporting your application to email@example.com (same deadline)
We’ll notify you before the early registration deadline if you’ve been selected as a student volunteer.