Student Volunteers play a key role in the success of ICT4S by helping the conference from registration to local matters. Becoming an ICT4S Student Volunteer (SV) provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the organization of an international conference as well as to interact closely with ICT4S contributors, attendees, and your peers from around the world. As SV, you will get a full student conference registration pass providing you with access to all the paper sessions, workshops, demos, meals, and social events; but this registration cannot cover papers to be published.
Application to become a volunteer will open on March 4th, 2024.
To register as a Student Volunteer at ICT4S 2024, you must be enrolled as an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral student between January and May in 2024 (i.e., Spring 2024). Students who are graduating at the time of the conference are also eligible to apply. ICT4S 2024 will be held at KTH in Sweden, from 24th to 28th of June. No prior experience is required to apply: we are looking for people who are friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable.
SVs volunteering will include duties such as basic tech support, discussion monitoring, and helping keep sessions on schedule. As no prior experience is required, training and information will be provided during orientation. Orientation will take place on 23rd June, the day before the conference starts. Additional information on orientation to be posted when the application opens.
Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference week:
- Attend orientation meeting, the day before the conference starts
- Provide assistance at registration.
- Provide directions to various locations at the conference venue.
- Provide technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Monitor session rooms and dining halls.
- Collect tickets and check badges.
- Provide assistance for attendees with special needs.
- Be punctual and show up on time to your assigned tasks.
- Be positive, friendly, enthusiastic and helpful.
Note: Hours will be allocated flexibly so you can still contribute academically to the conference
- Free registration to the conference including lunches, the reception and the gala.
- A great opportunity to network with leading researchers and other students.
- Finally, we will do our best to help volunteers find their accommodation.
Notes: Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
- Must be enrolled as a Doctoral, Masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- English proficient
- Good social and communication skills.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application form and upload the supporting documents by clicking
- The deadline for application is April 12, 2023.
- The acceptance notifications will be sent April 26, 2023.
Visas and other supporting documents:
- Visa application support letter available upon request.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Student Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs know as soon as possible.
Student Volunteers Co-Chairs:
- Andrea Hamn (Weizenbaum Institute, Germany)
- Arjun Rajendran Menon (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm)