Call for Paper
The Tool Demonstration track of the 31st International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering (SANER’24) provides an excellent opportunity for researchers and practitioners to showcase innovative tools, prototypes, and software systems related to software analysis, engineering, and refactoring. The track aims to foster knowledge exchange, collaboration, and discussions about the latest advancements in tools and technologies that support software development, maintenance, and improvement.
Tool demonstrations should showcase the implementation of research approaches through practical tools. These tools can range from advanced prototypes to fully developed products that are in the process of being commercialized. We particularly encourage proposals for tool demonstrations that complement full research papers. While a research paper aims to provide background information and highlight the scientific contribution of a new software engineering approach, the tool demonstration offers an excellent opportunity to demonstrate how the scientific approach has been translated into a functional tool prototype. As a result, authors of research papers are strongly encouraged to submit the corresponding tools to this track. Tool demonstrations related to any of the topics covered in the conference are welcome and deemed suitable.
Each submission will be reviewed by at least three members of the tool demonstration program committee. The committee will review each submission on its merits and quality.
A good tool paper should:
- Fall under the topics mentioned for SANER 2024 research track;
- Present and discuss a tool that has NOT been published before as a tool paper;
- Motivate the need for the tool;
- Describe the tool’s novelty and how it relates to previous industrial or research efforts;
- Describe the tool’s goals, requirements, architecture and explain its inner workings;
- NOT necessarily contain a large-scale empirical study of the tool, BUT any empirical results or user feedback are highly encouraged;
- Optionally, include in the abstract the URL of a 3-to-5 minute screencast, either with annotations or voice-over, that provides a concise version of the tool demo scenario. The video should be posted on YouTube (private, not shared) or hosted on the tool’s website.
Submissions of tool demonstrations must:
- adhere to the conference proceedings style (IEEE proceedings paper format guidelines.);
- have a maximum of 5 pages that describe the criteria above;
- be uploaded electronically in PDF format via the SANER 2024 Easychair submission site.
Accepted tool demonstrations will be allocated 5 pages in the conference proceedings. Presenters of accepted tool demonstrations will have the opportunity to (i) deliver a presentation that will be included in the conference program, and (ii) conduct a hands-on session where attendees of SANER can actively use and experiment with the demonstrated tools. Please note that commercial products and tools currently under commercialization procedures CANNOT be accepted for the tool demonstration track. The purpose of these demonstrations is to emphasize scientific contributions and, as such, should not be used as sales pitches.
- Paper submission:
November 20, 2023November 27, 2023 AoE (extended)
- Notifications: December 22, 2023 AoE
- Camera Ready: January 13, 2024 AoE