Call for Papers
The Industry Track at ECSA 2023 brings together practicing software architects and software architecture researchers from regional, European, and worldwide communities. We are seeking contributions from industry that share challenges, practical solutions, successful practices, failures, and lessons learned while analyzing, designing, implementing, evaluating, and evolving software architectures.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following themes:
- Experience with architectures for emerging technologies
- Domain-specific challenges for software architects and architectures
- Architecture specification and documentation
- Architectural patterns, tactics, and tools
- Practices and methods supporting architecture design, evaluation and evolution
- Integration of architectural practices and methods with other software engineering approaches/practices/methods (e.g. Agile)
- Social and organizational aspects
The ECSA 2023 Industry track aims to contribute to bridging the gap between academia and industrial practice by establishing an open communication and discussion environment. It will offer researchers and practitioners the opportunity to interact with fellow professionals and develop new ideas and skills for addressing industrial problems, and collaborations.
There are three ways to contribute:
- Full Papers (up to 16 pages in Springer LNCS style) submitted to the Industry track describe best practices and experience from applying novel approaches to large-scale industrial projects in the context of software architecture. Submissions will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness, practical relevance, and potential for discussion.
- Short Papers and Presentations (6-10 pages in Springer LNCS style) outline presentations on practices and experience related to software architecture from the industry. Submissions will be selected based on originality, practical relevance, and potential for discussion.
- Software Architecture Showcases (6 pages in Springer LNCS style) demonstrate a specific real-world architecture (including its flaws) together with a discussion of the context, challenges, and/or process that led to its present form. It can be formulated as an abstract outlining the architecture to be presented, preferably together with links to externally available work products. Submissions will be selected based on the offered insights into real architectural work, work products, and learnings related to architecture.
All contributions need to be written in English, must be original, not published, accepted, or submitted for publication elsewhere. If accepted, each contribution needs to be presented by one of the authors who is registered at the conference.
Paper submissions must be made electronically via the online EasyChair submission site for the ECSA 2023 conference (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ecsa2023), selecting the “ECSA’23 Industrial Papers” track.
Accepted full papers will appear in the main conference proceedings published by Springer-Verlag as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
The remaining contributions (short papers and presentations, software architecture showcases) will be published in the post-proceedings, published in a separate companion volume as part of the Springer LNCS series. For the companion proceedings, ECSA 2023 will use a two-step process. Online proceedings (available before the start of the conference) will include all the accepted papers to the companion proceedings and will be published online on the ECSA 2023 web page (i.e. no formal proceedings). The accepted papers will be accessible only by the ECSA 2023 workshop participants. After the conference, we will organize post-proceedings, in which revised and extended versions of the contributions will be published. For the post-proceedings, the papers will undergo a minor revision cycle where the extensions will be checked by the reviewers.
Full Papers (all deadlines are 23:59 Anywhere on Earth)
- Abstract submission: May 5, 2023
- Paper submission: May 12, 2023
- Acceptance notifications: June 16, 2023
- Camera-ready versions: June 30, 2023
Short Papers and Presentations, Software Architecture Showcases
- Paper submission: June 23, 2023
- Acceptance notifications: July 28, 2023
- Camera-ready versions: Aug 4, 2023
- Patrizia Scandurra, University of Bergamo, Italy