Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ISSTA. They help with everything from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academics, industrial researchers, and practitioners in the areas of testing and program analysis. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that share your interest in testing and program analysis.
- Italo de Oliveira Santos, University of São Paulo
- Jiri Gesi, University of California, Irvine
- Yichun Yan, University of Minnesota
- Ksenia Karatchenia, GesherSoft
- Sefa Akca, University of Edinburgh
- Seemanta Saha, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Fahimeh Ebrahimi Meymand, Louisiana State University
- Tatiana Fedotova, Daily.Jobs
Call for Student Volunteers
Sign up to be a Student Volunteer and help us make ISSTA 2020 a unique experience for all attendants. Being a student volunteer is also an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic, industrial researchers, and practitioners. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students.
ISSTA is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials, panels, checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
Applicants can be an undergraduate, Master’s, Ph.D. full- or part-time students of computer science or related fields interested in testing and program analysis.
Applicants must be available for at least three (3) full days between the 18th and 22nd of July 2020 in order to offer 15 hours of volunteering work. Note that we will prioritize students who will be available the full week. Naturally, presentations at workshops and technical sessions take precedence.
The duty of volunteers are related to, included but not limited, registration, technical support, route guidance, etc.
- A complimentary conference registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Free conference banquet ticket.
- An ISSTA 2020 Student Volunteers t-shirt.
Please note that ISSTA 2020 Student Volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation.
The ISSTA 2020 Program for Student Volunteers gives full- or part-time university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to the premier international conference covering all areas of testing and program analysis technologies. As an ISSTA 2020 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics, and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world.
The skills, talents, and dedication of the Student Volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the Conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the Conference management and staff.
- Helping and directing other Conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the Conference functions and social events. This also includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as manning the information and registration desks.
A Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the conference.
- Be reliable, punctual and organized.
To be considered as a Student Volunteer, please fill out the application form.
The application deadline is March 23rd, 2020 (notification: April 6th, 2020).
If you have any questions, please send them via email to: email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application and seeing you at ISSTA 2020!