Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ISSTA. They help with everything from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academics, industrial researchers, and practitioners in the areas of testing and program analysis. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that share your interest in testing and program analysis.
Call for Student Volunteers
Sign up to be a Student Volunteer and help us make ISSTA 2022 a unique experience for all attendants. Being a student volunteer is also an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic, industrial researchers, and practitioners. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students.
ISSTA is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
The student volunteers will contribute to the overall quality of the conference. The role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the conference management and secretariat staff.
- Helping and directing other conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the conference functions and social events. This includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as operating the information and registration desks.
- Availability between Mon 18 July and Fri 22 July, 2022 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are not available on any of the days of the pre- and/or post-conference program. We can take this information into account during selection.
- A complimentary conference registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- A certificate of participation.
- Student volunteer garments.
Please note that ISSTA 2022 student volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation in Daejeon, South Korea. However, additional funding for eligible students is under discussion with ACM SIGSOFT; further details will be provided soon.
A Student Volunteer should:
- Be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. full- or part-time students, of computer science or related fields.
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the conference.
- Be reliable, punctual, and organized.
- Be a self-starter.
To be considered as a Student Volunteer, please fill out the application form.
- Application deadline: Mon 21 Mar 2022
- Notification: Mon 4 Apr 2022
- Conference: Mon 18 July - Fri 22 July 2022
- Sonal Mahajan, Fujitsu Research of America, United States
- Donghwan Shin, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg