Call for Student Volunteers
Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ICSE. They help with everything from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of Software Engineering. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that share your interest in Software Engineering and to reduce some of the costs of the conference!
This exclusive experience is available to undergraduate and graduate students from any country who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ICSE 2022 a unique experience for all attendees.
We want to acknowledge the uncertainty of planning during a global pandemic. We are moving forward with our plans using the best information available to us now, but we know things might change between now and the conference. We will do our best to keep you informed. If changes need to be made, we will reach out to everyone as soon as possible. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions along the way.
Would you like to be part of the ICSE 2022 organization? Don’t miss your chance! Sign up and help us!
Approximately 20 hours of in-person work during the in-person conference week (i.e., from May 21 to May 29): * Registration duties (e.g., setting up, preparing conference bags, and helping attendees register). * Technical assistance to speakers and attendees. * Providing directions to various locations at the conference location. * Checking badges at various halls including dining halls. * Other similar tasks.
And/or approximately 8 hours of remote work during the virtual conference weeks i.e. from May 8 to May 20. Benefits * Free registration to the main conference. * Free ICSE 2022 Student Volunteer T-Shirt. * Tickets for lunches during the main conference and the additional days you are working, as well as for the ICSE 2022 social dinner and reception. * A great opportunity to meet and talk about your research with leading researchers, both academic and industry, and other students. * Possibility to attend pre-conference events on the days that you will be volunteering. * Knowing that you played an important part in the success of the conference! * A virtual certificate of participation.
- Must be enrolled as a doctoral, masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- For the remote virtual part of the conference, a volunteer must have access to high-speed internet, and be comfortable helping others troubleshoot technical problems.
- Availability from May 8 – May 29, 2022 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are not available on any of the days of the pre- and/or post-conference program. Not all volunteers will be required during the full time, and we can take this information into account during selection. In particular, let us know if you are available before May 21 or after May 27.
- Complete the online application form at https://forms.gle/8Jrf7RX3KpUrBX1R9 before March 1.
- Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty member at your institution. That letter must be emailed to the Student Volunteers co-Chairs (email@example.com; with the subject line “ICSE2022SV Reference for
”) by the faculty reference you indicate in the application form. The letter should cover your organizational skills, willingness to help, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us to select you as a student volunteer. Note: We will also accept applications from people who cannot physically be present during the conference as volunteers for the remote virtual conference.
Visas and Funding Options
- Visa Support Letters: If you need a visa support letter to apply for a visa, please visit the Visa Information page.
- We also suggest checking for travel support from national research funding agencies from your country, e.g., a limited number of travel stipends for US-based minorities and women may be provided through an NSF Travel Award Program.
- If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Student Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs know as soon as possible. Note to student volunteer applicants with an accepted paper at ICSE Students who are selected as volunteers will be reimbursed for registration fees if they need to register before April 1, 2022 (i.e. the early registration deadline). Still, the notification for the student volunteer track may arrive after the registration deadline for accepted papers in several ICSE tracks. If you find yourself in this situation, just reach out to us.
Student Volunteers co-Chairs
- Alvine Boaye Belle (York University, Canada)
- Michael Hilton (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)
- Laura Moreno (CQSE GmbH, USA) Should you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.