Call for papers
Short Papers TrackIn this track researchers will be invited to submit insightful research that can often go unrecognized under the standard review process. This includes, but is not limited to, for instance:
- Critique of established methodology and/or practice.
- Research on controversial topics.
- “Folklore confirmations”: when a sound researcher finds “what everyone knows already”. We will consider “common sense” findings that may not have been scientifically proven, but might be considered “not new enough” under traditional peer review.
- Unexpected results: when an empirical evaluation results diverge dramatically from the expectations, and the researchers do not find what they were looking for.
- Confirmation studies, when a new study confirms previously well-known results.
- Methodological failure reports, where poor design invalidates otherwise interesting findings (both the findings and study design flaws need to be discussed).
- Preliminary results: the early results of an on-going research.
Submissions to the short track must be written in English and are limited to up to six pages (including figures, tables and references) using the ACM template.
Posters TrackIn this track researchers will be able to publish late-breaking results, technical descriptions, smaller research contributions, and works-in-progress in a concise and visible format.
The authors need to submit an extended abstract which summarizes:
- the problem addressed by the poster;
- the approach taken by the authors;
- the main results achieved so far.
Submissions to the poster track must be written in English and are limited to up to two pages (including figures, tables and references) using the ACM template.
Accepted posters will be displayed in the conference venue, giving you an opportunity to engage in discussion with other attendees around your research.
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
All papers must be submitted in PDF format through the web-based submission system https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ease2023 Submitted papers must conform to the ACM Proceedings Format (https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template).
Important dates:Submission deadline: 10 March 2023
Notification: 14 April 2023
Camera ready: 28 April 2023
Early registration deadline: 5 May 2023